Get easy access to outstanding immediate care across the Chicago area and central Illinois. View a full list of Services and Symptoms.
Anatomical pathology services are available at this Advocate Medical Group location from Monday through Friday. This includes surgical pathology and cytology services. Currently there is no histology Laboratory at this location.
The biopsies obtained are accessioned into LIS and given a unique accession number. A pathologist performs the gross examination and all wet tissue blocks are sent to ACL Laboratory for processing. Any special or immunohistochemical stains are also performed at ACL Laboratory. These are then interpreted by AMG Pathologists. A list of Anatomical Pathology services is as follows:
1. Gross and microscopic examination of surgical pathology specimens
2. Interpretation of special stains and immunohistochemistry
3. Intraoperative evaluations and frozen sections services
4. Interpretation of bone marrow biopsies
5. Evaluation of abnormal peripheral blood smears by the pathologist
6. Interpretation of abnormal pap smears
7. Interpretation of NON-GYNE cytology
8. Immediate assessment of ultrasound guided thyroid aspirates for adequacy
For questions, please call 630-859-8555.
Welcome to Advocate Medical Group (AMG). When you make an appointment with one of our doctors, you gain access to the highest quality care in a timely and convenient manner. AMG is part of Advocate Health Care, the largest health system in Illinois.
Call today! (773) 880-0320
The more you know about your health, the more you can do to take control of it. health enews provides expert information about the latest medical advances, preventative measures, and health lifestyle choices.